The CP1W-MODTCP01-US can function as either a Modbus/TCP Master or as a Modbus/TCP Slave, but not both simultaneously. In Modbus/TCP Slave mode, the module responds to commands from a Modbus/TCP Master such as a PC or PLC and allows Omron CP1L, CP1H and CJ2M-CPU3x PLCs to function as slave nodes on the Modbus/TCP network. In Modbus/TCP Master mode, this module can be used to control/monitor IO blocks and other remote devices.
Key Features and Benefits
· Most Popular Network - Modbus/TCP/IP is the most popular remote I/O Ethernet network for PLC systems in the world.
· Simple setup - Web page configuration for IP Address & Master/Slave selection.
· Operates as a Modbus/TCP Master or Slave - As a Master, the adapter is used to control/monitor IO blocks and other remote devices. As a Modbus/TCP Slave it responds to commands from a Modbus/TCP Master (PC, PLC, other).
· Perfect for Data Collection - The CP1W-MODTCP01-US turns a CJ2M-CPU3x, CP1L/H PLC into a Modbus/TCP Slave that can easily share information with a Modbus/TCP Master for remote data collection or control.
· High Speed Counters & Expandable I/O - 4 x 100Khz counters built-in, up to 320 I/O (CP1H-X) & 180 I/O (CP1L-M60) PLCs.
· Programmable Slave for Motion, Temperature Control - Each PLC can be a powerful motion controller* (CP1H - 4 Axis, CP1L - 2 Axis) with high speed interrupts, Real Time Clock, PID, Floating Point Math and is expandable with digital I/O or analog for Temperature or Process Control. The addition of a Modbus/TCP adapter turns the PLC into a Low Cost Programmable Slave. *Transistor models
· Supports Multiple Connections - If the adapter is configured in Modbus/TCP slave mode, it can also support communications to CX-Programmer, NS HMI or other devices that use FINS (Omron's open communication protocol).
· Gateway for Modbus/TCP & FINS Ethernet - Allows CS/CJ PLCs with Ethernet or EtherNet/IP to communicate using FINS through a CP1 PLC as a Modbus/TCP Slave.