Omron Industrial Automation now offers a complete line of compact Accurax G5 servo drives with built-in, EtherCAT communications to meet the growing need for high-speed, precise motion control as part of whole machine automation. The servo drives are certified compatible by the EtherCAT Technology Group. Omron selected the EtherCAT real-time I/O network as its I/O fieldbus of choice because it enables a seamless convergence of sequence control, motion control with servo and variable frequency drives, vision inspection, and high-speed I/O.
Omron’s Accurax G5 Servo system provides machine builders with simple-to-use capabilities to build more accurate, faster, smaller and safer machines. The G5 servo motors (R88M-KN_) have been scaled to provide an almost 25 percent reduction in motor weight. Side-by-side mounting of G5 servo drives (R88D-KN_-ECT) saves 50 percent cabinet space. In combination, they deliver submicron precision and millisecond settling time.
• 100, 200 and 400 VAC models
• Power range from 50 W to 15 kW
• Compact size servo drives with built-in EtherCAT connectivity
• Safety conforming ISO13849-1 Performance Level C/D (Safety Torque Off)
• High-response frequency of 2 kHz
• Low-cogging torque servo motors
• IP67 protection level in all motors
• High accuracy provided by 20 bits encoder
• Built-in full closed-loop encoder
• Real-time auto-tuning
• User-friendly tuning and operation
• Advanced tuning algorithms (Anti-vibration function, torque feed-forward, disturbance observer)
• Side-by-side mounting of drives reduces cabinet space needs
• Double registration input provides application versatility